Re: Fixing exchange of host keys in the SSH key exchange

> if I may stick an oar in sideways: if you go to all the trouble,
> could you add a mechanism by which the server could advise that the
> host key used by the client was still valid but deprecated, and to
> download the new host key once connected?

That actually is a very interesting argument I hadn't thought of for
something operationally like the proposed scheme: it permits the server
to support multiple host keys at once for a single algorithm.  (The
client, of course, already can, since in the current design it's the
one judging host key validity.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse