Re: Fixing exchange of host keys in the SSH key exchange

Back on March 25th, I wrote (in the thread about making the client tell
the server what host keys it's able to authenticate using, pre-kex)

> Hmm, I think I'll give moussh a configuration option to send things
> before the ID string, for exactly that reason.

I've now done this.  See the -pre-banner command-line option and the
pre-banner config-file variable.

As the manpage notes,

                             Generating a line beginning `SSH-' with this
             mechanism will break the protocol; moussh contains no checks to
             ensure this isn't done.

I'm not sure whether I think this is the Right Thing.  I came down in
favour of this behaviour, but not by much; if anyone cares to argue in
favour of either position (either the above stance or making sure that
doesn't happen), I'd be interested.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse