Re: [ssh] Host key sync - "global-requests-ok" extension

> Hello, fellow kids!

> ... or whoever may still be subscribed here.

I daresay there are at least a few of us :-)

> Within 6 weeks after our 8.xx release, we found that several
> significant client implementations will *disconnect on receiving a
> global request*.

Good!  It's always useful to smoke out bugs.  (When I started using my
own ssh implementation, I found a depressing number of servers,
particularly on `appliance' devices such as switches, that will
ungracefully disconnect upon receiving attempts to use the blah@fqdn
extensibility mechanism.)

> With Bitvise software versions 8.21 (being released), we are adopting
> the following strategy:  [...]

Well, for the little it may be worth, I think moussh handles global
requests correctly.  (If not, I consider it a crippling bug, second to
only crasher bugs.)  It certainly seems to handle
hostkeys-00%openssh.com@localhost correctly when talking to OpenSSH servers.
("Correctly" in that it does what I designed it to with unrecognized
global requests; whether that's the best thing for it to do is an
entirely different question.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse