Re: [Curdle] State of draft-ietf-curdle-ssh-kex-sha2?

[CC- Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost>] Moue's mail bounces my direct
email.

Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> writes:

> > Someone could also generate a new set of safe primes based on some
> > other transcendental number (square root of "2" or some other
> > number).
>
> The square root of 2 is not transcendental; it's irrational, yes, but
> it's algebraeic.

True enough, somehow the "2 raised to the power of" phrase got
accidentally deleted from my post. In otherwords, I meant the
Gelfond-Schneider constant or Hilbert number.

> > My question is if we should literally require all SSH implementations
> > to have a Mandatory To Implement (MTI) DH parameter set now which may
> > need to be deprecated in a 'short' (for some value of the word short)
> > period of time.
>
> The only reason I see to have any MUSTs (rather than SHOULDs) is
> interoperability.

Yes.

	Be safe, stay healthy,
	-- Mark