Re: [Ssh] Re: draft charter

On Thu, Aug 15, 2024 at 08:05:33AM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Deb Cooley <debcooley1%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
>
> > I've initiated  an IETF Charter approval process.  The draft is here:
> > https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-sshm/
>
> To my reading, this charter is written in a way that makes publishing an
> Informational document describing sntrup761x25519-sha512 out of scope.

As I understand the charter the above (using sntrup761x25519-sha512 in
KEX) is covered within the "selecting new algorithms" scope.

What I take to be out of scope would be to invent entirely novel ciphers
or for example defining new S-boxes.

I interpret draft-josefsson-ntruprime-ssh as "these algorithsm exist
[references], and now we specify how to them in SSH KEX", which is
selecting an algorithm for use within the SSH protocol.

Kind regards,

Job