Re: Firefox on NetBSD

Jason Thorpe <thorpej%me.com@localhost> wrote:
> On May 21, 2024, at 10:04 PM, Ryo ONODERA <ryo%tetera.org@localhost> wrote:

>> Under the latest NetBSD-current built from src tree without
>> the following commits, www/firefox-126.0 builds fine for me.
>>
>> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2024/05/18/msg151444.html
>> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2024/05/18/msg151445.html
>> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2024/05/18/msg151446.html
>>
>> I have no idea why these changes cause SIGILL.
>>
>> Could you please investigate this problem, Jason?
>
> Anything that’s not supplied by the system that’s sensitive to
> __UCONTEXT_SIZE is broken by definition.

> What program is actually getting SIGILL?  What program did you have to
> rebuild after you made the change to sys/ucontext.h?

The SIGILL looked to me to be caused by a stack overflow, I was able to
run gdb on the firefox tool that was dumping core.

Not convinced that things are correct even now.

I just made the mistake of updating my userland without rebuilding the
kernel and it wouldn't boot, got a "bad syscall" error when init was
trying to run /etc/rc. It does boot with a new kernel.

Maybe this needs a version bump.