Re: multimedia/libass: CONFIGURE_ARGS depends on whether sources were extracted

On Sun 09 Jun 2024 at 15:01:45 +0400, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> I think the problem is easily reproducible on NetBSD.
> It would be nice if some one else look into this :-/

I gave it a quick try on the stable branch, but there "make show-var
VARNAME=CONFIGURE_ARGS" seems to result in the same thing both cases.

--disable-asm --prefix=/usr/pkg --build=x86_64--netbsd
--host=x86_64--netbsd --mandir=/usr/pkg/man --enable-option-checking=yes

So something changed since then.

Note that "make extract" creates a file
/tmp/pkgsrc/multimedia/libass/default/.extract_makevars.mk and it is
read in on subsequent invocations of make, from mk/bsd.makevars.mk.

I ran into this when I was creating a package, and changing variables in
the package's Makefile, and I didn't do a "make clean" in between tries,
which misled me to think that some changes didn't make a difference.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                            <rhialto/at/falu.nl>
\X/ There is no AI. There is just someone else's work.           --I. Rose