Re: gcc13 compilation error on Void Linux

Aleksey Cheusov <vle%gmx.net@localhost> writes:

>> LONG_MIN is in limits.h, so this smells like a failure to include the
>> right headers.
>
> Please have a look at email I replied to. There you'll find a required
> information and detailed analysis.

Why isn't it a better approach to just patch the configure test to have
-O2?

The patch's comment is nowhere near good enough.  Whatever ends up in
pkgsrc should be a sufficiently good explanation that someone who has no
idea about any of this and does not have access to any of this mail
should be immediately led to the correct understanding.  And given
fortify, this seems like it is either a bug in linux or a bug in gcc,
and the patch lacks a URL to an upstream bugtracker entry.

>> It would be good to hear from people that understand this better, and
>> your theory of what is going on.

That remains true.  I still don't know in what component you think the
bug lies.