Re: gcc13 compilation error on Void Linux

> Aleksey Cheusov <vle%gmx.net@localhost> writes:

 >>> LONG_MIN is in limits.h, so this smells like a failure to include the
 >>> right headers.
 >>
 >> Please have a look at email I replied to. There you'll find a required
 >> information and detailed analysis.

> Why isn't it a better approach to just patch the configure test to
> have -O2?

As for me fixing a problem by changing environment is always better than
patching sources, especially patching of autogenerated files consisting
of 1000s of lines.

> The patch's comment is nowhere near good enough.

How about the following?

   # The following line fixes a build failure on Linuxes with gcc with
   # -DFORTIFY_SOURCE enabled by default. On such systems libiberty's
   # ./configure script fails to find limits.h header file without -O
   # flag passed to gcc.

> and the patch lacks a URL to an upstream bugtracker entry.

I'll register a bug to gcc.

 >>> It would be good to hear from people that understand this better, and
 >>> your theory of what is going on.

> That remains true.  I still don't know in what component you think the
> bug lies.

gcc13's libiberty component.