add php-rrd2 or update php-rrd

Hello,
databases/php-rrd is currently using a version (1.x) compatible
only with php 5.x
I have an update to 2.0.3 ready but the 2.x versions are only compatible
with php7 and newer (I'm using it with php 8.3).
Should I keep php-rrd at 1.1.3 and add a php-rrd2, or should I just update
php-rrd and drop php 5.6 support ?

I'd prefer to just update php-rrd. Is anybody using it and can't switch to
a more recent php ?