Re: unable to find gnutls in configure script run

On Mon, Sep 16, 2024 at 07:35:02PM +0000, Van Ly wrote:
> > I have no idea what "gtk* crash problem" you're talking about.
> > (emacs with gtk3 enabled works fine for me.)
>
> The "gtk* crash problem" happens when the emacs gtk* variant starts
> server mode that you then attach to in a tmux session with
> emacsclient. During the emacs build the trace mentions that reported gtk
> bug.

Weird. I just tried starting emacs in an X session with emacs-server,
and starting an 'emacsclient file' in a tmux window on the same
machine and it worked (the new buffer wasn't in the foreground in the
emacs server, but I could switch to it.)

# ldd /usr/pkg/bin/emacs | grep gtk
        -lgtk-3.0 => /usr/pkg/lib/libgtk-3.so.0

So it's linked against gtk3.

> In your build of emacs-git, does the graphical emacs display the raccoon
> glyph 🦝 ? My build doesn't show it and the emac-dev says its not a bug
> so maybe my emacs build is suspect and doesn't know where all the fonts
> are.

Yes. But I have both

fonts/nerd-fonts-Hack
fonts/noto-emoji-ttf

installed and configured my pkgsrc with

X11_TYPE=       modular

so that I get freetype2 with png support and thus colorful emojis; not
sure if that's needed for the raccoon but I guess so.

(If you switch to modular X, you'll have to reinstall all packages
that use X.)

> I prefer doas. Is there a way to tell it to prefer doas?

In pkgsrc/mk/defaults/mk.conf you can find

SU_CMD?= ${ROOT_CMD}
# Command to perform before "make install", if the user does not have
# an effective uid of 0.  A possible substitute is "sudo sh -c"
# Possible: su, sudo, or priv, with appropriate arguments
# Default: dependent on operating system. For NetBSD: ${SU} - root -c

so if you find a doas invocation that works, we can document it there
too.

> Do you think the following will work?
>
>   $ env LOCALBASE=/usr/local pkg_delete \*

No. I would use

pkg_delete -K /usr/local/pkgdb \*

Cheers,
 Thomas