Re: unable to find gnutls in configure script run

On Tue, Sep 17, 2024 at 12:03:53AM +0000, Van Ly wrote:
> When the gtk bug bites both graphical and tty outputs from emacs lockup.

So it's not abort()ing any longer? I just read up on the bug report
but I don't have emacs running on multiple X servers (as I think is
needed to reproduce this).

> So the emacs I have is linked to Xaw
>
>  $ ldd ~/src/emacs/build-30/src/emacs
>
>    -lXaw7.10 => /usr/X11R7/lib/libXaw7.so.10

Try
PKG_OPTIONS.emacs=xaw
in your /etc/mk.conf to get an emacs linked against xaw instead of gtk.

You can confirm that pkgsrc accepted your setting by checking if xaw
is shown in the output of 'make show-options' in the wip/emacs-git
under 'These options are currently enabled:'

> Am I missing anything in this ldd listing?
>
>   3 ./emacs:
>  15      -lfreetype.6 => /usr/pkg/lib/libfreetype.so.6

This means the X11R7 (from NetBSD xsrc)uversion is used, not the one from pkgsrc:

# ldd /usr/pkg/bin/emacs |grep freetype
        -lfreetype.6 => /usr/pkg/lib/libfreetype.so.6

The xsrc version doesn't have png support, and thus doesn't show
colorful emojis.

So you need to switch to modular X.org if you want that raccoon :)
 Thomas