Re: Disappearing packages from wip : what is the policy

Jason Bacon <jtocino%gmx.com@localhost> writes:

> On 9/17/24 02:32, Mayuresh wrote:
>> But that almost never worked - at least for me. I used to request this and
>> more often than not, nobody would respond. (I wouldn't get into examples
>> now. These are spread over years and archives are not easily searchable.)
>
> That's unfortunate both for you and for the project.
>
> How did you make the requests?  Did you email pkgsrc-users?  tech-pkg?
> I usually pay attention to such requests and will step up if nobody
> beats me to it.  The requests I've seen have usually been acted on
> rather quickly, though.

As someone who imports packages from wip, the package should be fully
ready.  That means (to me):

  all TODO items addressed

  patches have comments, and if they are fixes to upstream, have been
  filed upstream and the URLs in the patchfiles

  no MESSAGE  (absent the 1 in 5000 chance it is valid)

  pkglint entirely clean

  Makefile tidy, in the right order, indented nicely, and anything
  tricky or irregular commented

  COMMIT_MSG written sufficiently well that I'm comfortable with copying
  the files in and
    cvs commit -F COMMIT_MSG