Re: last-call issues..

Jason R Thorpe <thorpej%zembu.com@localhost> writes:

> Well, it's not clear that it's a "configuration error".  It could be
> debugging information that the client could choose to display on the
> user interface.

Any such debugging information should be sent to *stderr*. I've not
written any sftp client yet, but I believe any reasonable one should
tolerate stderr data and redirect it either to the client's own stderr
or to /dev/null.

But sending debugging information (from shell startup scripts) to
stdout *is* seriously broken, and a configuration error.