RE: availability of specifications

At 15:48 02/10/01, denis bider wrote:
>Actually, big commercial vendors are who I was alluding to when I commented
>that this looks like a private party. I don't know the reality of the
>situation, I'm just saying what it looks like.
>
>If the big commercial vendors care about keeping SSH2 an open protocol, I
>find it strange that they let drafts such as SFTP simply disappear. It's as
>if IETF doesn't really matter to them.

If this is your anxiety, then you clearly haven't heard of OpenSSH,
which has an implementation with a BSD-style licence.  You might try
looking into them using your favourite web search engine or such like.

OpenSSH is pretty darn widely deployed, so I'm startled that you
weren't previously aware of it hence erronously thought commercial
firms were dominating SSH2 development.

Ran