RE: availability of specifications

At 11:19 02/10/01, denis bider wrote:
>The very fact that widely deployed implementations already exist
>is a violation of the standardization process.

Denis,

        No, that is NOT a violation of the IETF standardisation process.
If you think otherwise, please cite page, section, and paragraph
from RFC-2026 to support your contention.

        Clearly, we need to FIX the ssh2 specs before those
specs can/should go out as any sort of RFCs.  The lack of
co-operation from SSH Comm Sec (the company) hasn't helped
things much, so don't jump on the IETF about the delays.
Take your gripes about delays either to Finland or (better) /dev/null.

Ran