Re: Do we have standards available for scp ??

Ran,

There is no rcp RFC; rcp runs over rsh.  As I understand it, the rcp
client uses the rsh protocol to invoke rcp on the server, then the two
rcp's talk to each other over the rsh channel.

scp is just rcp over ssh -- scp uses ssh to invoke another scp on the
server, then the two scp's talk over the ssh channel using the exact
same protocol.

A historic or informational document on the existing practice of scp
is very much within scope for the working group; if this means that
the IETF community also gets an rcp document "for free", even better.

						- Bill