Re: message lang tags verse SSH_MSG_KEXINIT

On Thursday, January 17, 2002, at 08:34  PM, Frank Cusack wrote:
But isn't that impossible with UTF-8 encodings?  The client cannot display
the wrong letters (although it may not be able to display the letters
at all).  I am not that familiar with multi-byte encodings, but that
is my understanding.  Please clarify.

If a display can only display US-ASCII and it is confronted with a
vowel containing a German umlaut, the display might well show the
vowel without the umlaut -- right ?

Not clear to me how UTF-8 encoding changes those sorts of functional
limits, particularly limits in older boxen.

Ran