RE: Additional thoughts on text transfers

And what kinds of systems have you exchanged text files with?  Ever try VMS?
The majority of text files on VMS systems are stored as variable length
record files with implied line separators.  In most files there is a 2 byte
record length between each record, that does not provide carriage control.