Re: New Proposal for Section 11.3.3 X11 Forwarding

I take issue with this comment.  X11 forwarding helps fix exactly those
problems that Wietse Venema describes, particularly if:

a) the X11 server does not accept connections except over local IPC
   mechanisms that are protected by ACLs or file permissions (e.g., Unix
   domain sockets),

and

b) (a) applies to the SSHv2 server pseudo-X11 server used in X11
   forwarding.

Given (a) and (b) those magic cookies add no value and their weakness is
irrelevant.  Xsun, for example, can be configured not to listen for
display opens over TCP.

Cheers,

Nico