Re: Transport I-D: KEXINIT reserved field needs description

Nicolas Williams wrote:

This would require the use of extra packets after kex to verify that
one's peer truly did not support the new packets.

Sorry, on this occasion, I meant an extra packet sent after receiving the other side's key if the reserved field from the remote side is non-zero (as Markus suggested). It's an extra round-trip, but should be fairly foolproof. Basically, both sides, upon receiving non-zero from the other side, embark on new-and-shiny-kex and forget about whatever they would have done with current-kex.

--
Jon Bright
Lead Programmer, Silicon Circus Ltd.