Re: Large lang tag lists (was Re: Speaking of implementation quirks...)

> At least for the initial key exchange I think that we need to mandate
> that implementions be able to deal with large packets; after the
> initial kex there's no need, I think, to have a large packet support
> requirement.

Also note that "deal with" can mean "recognize that no kex packet that
can lead this implementation to a successful exchange can be over (say)
2000 bytes, so, if it's larger, read and ignore it in many small pieces
and fail the protocol".

This means permitting an implementation to fail kex just because the
other side offers (eg) too many languages.  I'd have to read the spec
carefully to be sure whether there's enough latitude there for that at
present....

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost