Re: Straw Poll on group name

Hi,

I'll keep my "editor" hat on so don't consider this to be a vote.

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:

> > 	[C] we should refer to groups by the ike number
> > 		[sample] diffie-hellman-group14-sha1
> >

> I fail to see how anything other than [C] would be useful, given that:

We could continue with [A] and define diffie-hellman-group14-sha1 in
[TRANS].  A simple note to the IANA in [NUMBERS] could state that future
values of N MUST NOT include 14.

For some reason, I am reminded of the scene from "Monty Python and the
Holy Grail" in which they discuss counting to three before throwing the
Holy Hand Grenade.  :-)  Let's get this resolved and move on.

Thanks,
Chris