Re: query about draft-ietf-secsh-connect-19.txt

Chris Lonvick <clonvick%cisco.com@localhost> writes:

> OK.  I've added text to the bottom of Section 4 "Global Requests" as
> follows:
>
>    In general, the reply messages do not include request type
>    identifiers.  To make it possible for the originator of a request to
>    identify to which request each reply refers, it is REQUIRED that
>    replies to SSH_MSG_GLOBAL_REQUESTS MUST be sent in the same order as
>    the corresponding request messages.  For channel requests, replies
>    that relate to the same channel MUST also be replied to in the right
>    order.  However, channel requests for distinct channels MAY be
>    replied to out-of-order.
>

> Is this acceptable?

It's ok. I think it could be improved slightly by striking the first
sentence.

(The request type is mostly irrelevant when it comes to disambiguating
replies, as one may well have several outstanding requests of the same
type; I think mentioning it as a possible alternative will just add
more confusion).

Regards,