Re: tcpip-forward requests and bind addresses

>> I don't think the SHOULD/MUST/MAY language is appropriate here.  I'd
>> word this something like

>>     Some strings have special-case semantics: "" as an address to bind
> "is an address" ?

No.  Try reading it as
	"" as an address-to-bind parameter means that...

If you think the sense is OK but the wording can be improved, fine; I'm
not wedded to the wording, and the clearest wording we can find will be
none too clear for some of the people this needs to reach.

>>     "localhost" means to listen on all supported protocol families
>>     on loopback addresses only.
> "listen on all protocol families supported by the SSH implementation
> .." ?

If you prefer; that's what "supported protocol families" really means
here anyway, and if anyone sees increased value in the wordier version,
I'm not going to kick about it.

>>     "127.0.0.1" and "::1", while not really special cases for a
>>     normally configured system [RFC3330] [RFC3515],
> Is RFC3515 a typo?

Looks like it, but not on my part.  The text I was basing that on was

   loopback strings of "127.0.0.1" [RFC3330] or "::1" [RFC3515] ...

which I (then) didn't bother sanity-checking.  I have now checked; 3515
is clearly not the right RFC, and I don't know offhand what is.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost