Re: Start of WG Last Call on: draft-ietf-secsh-newmodes-03.txt

In article <1111616668.16353.77.camel@thunk> you write:
>> 	Title		: SSH Transport Layer Encryption Modes
>> 	Author(s)	: M. Bellare, et al.
>> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-secsh-newmodes-03.txt
>> 	Pages		: 12
>> 	Date		: 2005-3-23
>
>I am starting an official WG Last Call on this document, for publication
>as an Proposed Standard.  This last call period expires on April 6th,
>2005.
>
>This is an important draft; please read it carefully.
>
>During this Last Call period, comments supporting publication are
>encouraged as are comments pointing out problems or suggesting changes
>to the spec.

The semantics af the specification seem fine to me, but there are a few
nits:

The abstract and the introduction state that the security problems with CBC
modes were identified "recently".  I'd suggest dropping the word "recently"
in both cases since it's over two years ago now.

The abstract mentions [ACM CCS 2002], which doesn't appear in the