Re: Secure Shell WG: what's left?

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005, der Mouse wrote:

Here's what's left on our plate:

draft-ietf-secsh-agent-02    (Expired)
	I'm prepared to write this one off for lack of interest.

...??  Am I really the only implementor who bothers to do agent
forwarding?!

Of course not. Other implementors (inc. OpenSSH and PuTTY) just run a protocol very similar to that used by ssh-1.2.x over a channel. It has been thus in OpenSSH since 1999/2000 IIRC.

It makes more sense to just to document this, given its wide deployment
and obvious utility. Even if we were to ship a new agent protocol based on
the aforementioned draft in OpenSSH tomorrow, it would be several years
before is was as widely used as the current one.

-d