Re: WG Chair Nits & start of WG Last Call: draft-ietf-secsh-publickeyfile-06.txt

Joe,

It looks like we ratholed on the line termination question.  I'm going
to take that as an indication that nothing more serious needs to be done
to the document.

I believe the consensus position is to weaken section 3.1, which
currently reads:

> 3.1  Line Termination Characters
>
>   Implementations are REQUIRED to read files using any of the common
>   line termination sequence, <CR>, <LF> or <CR><LF>.
>
>   Implementations may generate files using whichever of these line
>   termination conventions is most convenient.

to instead say something along the lines of:

    Implementations SHOULD generate public key files using their
    system's local text file representation.

    In the event that public key files are not transferred as text files,
    implementations SHOULD be prepared to read files using any of the
    common line termination sequence, <CR>, <LF> or <CR><LF>.

I believe this captures the core of the objections to the
original section 3.1 text.

Comments?

						- Bill