Re: WG Chair Nits & start of WG Last Call: draft-ietf-secsh-publickeyfile-06.txt

> It looks like we ratholed on the line termination question.  [...]

> I believe the consensus position is to weaken section 3.1, [to]
> something along the lines of:

>     Implementations SHOULD generate public key files using their
>     system's local text file representation.
>
>     In the event that public key files are not transferred as text
>     files, implementations SHOULD be prepared to read files using any
>     of the common line termination sequence, <CR>, <LF> or <CR><LF>.

As one of the noisier participants in the line termination blather, I'm
prepared to sign off on that wording.  (Maybe the second paragraph
should say something more like "To ease interoperability in case public
key files are...", which I think is closer to the intended meaning?)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse%rodents.montreal.qc.ca@localhost