Re: Feedback from uri list

Steve Suehring <suehring%braingia.org@localhost> writes:

> What about another parameter, like:
>
> ssh://user%host.example.com@localhost?alg=md5&fingerprint=b1-e1-...

Could work, but I think fingerprint-md5 is simpler, and hence a
somewhat better choice.

If you want a separate parameter, keep in mind that

(i) it should probably be "fingerprint-alg", since you might want to
    specify an algorithm for other purposes.

(ii) if you want to support multiple fingerprints, you must specify
     that the order of the parameters is significant (whether or not
     that would deviate from URI conventions, I don't know. A repeated
     "fingerprint" parameter might also be non-koscher?).