Re: SSH URI draft

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 01:33:41PM -0800, Joe Salowey wrote:
> The original intention was for interactive SSH shell sessions.   I
> agree that port forwarding should be out of scope for this.  I also
> tend to think that other subsystems would be out of scope as well.   I
> hadn't really thought about shell sessions without pty, did you have
> something in mind?

No-pty is only really useful if you're sending a command-line, or if
you're a masochist.  So perhaps an encoded command-line would be a
resource to name...  But I'd have the same concerns as with forwardings:
getting someone to click on a dangerous URI is too easy.  So... never
mind, I think.

> The draft needs to be clear about this so I'll work up some text.   Do
> you see a problem with using "ssh" as the scheme name to mean  SSH
> shell sessions with pty?

None at all.

Nico