Re: SSH File Transfer Protocol - draft-moonesamy-secsh-filexfer-00

At 05:56 13-07-2013, Mouse wrote:
Well...it, combined with the rest of ssh, does; sftp itself doesn't
provide any significant level of security, depending on lower layers
for that.

Yes.

My reaction upon looking at the draft is "what's the motivation?".
That is, what does this draft offer beyond the existing spec?  (Besides
the version-number regression others have already pointed out.)  If it
really is just the things listed in appendix A, it strikes me as not
worth the version-number confusion.

I have to start somewhere. I could have choose the latest numbered draft or "version 3". In my opinion it was more practical to choose the latter and put in some effort in completing that work.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy