Re: SSH File Transfer Protocol - draft-moonesamy-secsh-filexfer-00

Hi Mark,
At 08:34 13-07-2013, Mark D. Baushke wrote:
Given that draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-13.txt had the latest description
of version 6 of the SFTP protocol and none of the drafts ever were
published as an RFC, there is already a fair amount of confusion with
regard to SFTP versions.

Yes.

I am actually in favor of some form of the
draft-moonesamy-secsh-filexfer as an informational RFC to document the
packet types being used by SFTP as a way of getting them put into the
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ssh-paramters/ssh-parameters.xhtml
document so that everyone who implements some fraction of them uses the
same packet type definitions.

The initial intended status was Informational. I switched it before I-D submission as it doesn't affect the existing text.

If this means that the SFTP version needs to be at some other version
than 3 or 4 or 6, then so be it.

I would look at it in terms of how much effort is required. Choosing between 3, 4, or 6 is itself an effort which might discourage anyone from doing anything. :-)

OpenSSH has said that it implements draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-02.txt
and provides a copy of it in http://www.openssh.com/txt/

What are the differences between draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-13 and
draft-moonesamy-secsh-filexfer-00 ?

See http://tools.ietf.org//rfcdiff?url1=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-13.txt&url2=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-moonesamy-secsh-filexfer-00.txt

Regards,
S. Moonesamy