Re: SSH File Transfer Protocol - draft-moonesamy-secsh-filexfer-00

There was a short discussion a few months ago about Section 6.1 of an
expired SFTP  drafts.  I used Version 3 as the baseline as that is
the version which OpenSSH implemented.  In my opinion it would be
easier to document Version 3 as an IETF specification instead of
trying to pursue the previous efforts.

Van Dyke software seems to have implemented features from the later SFTP drafts in their products. I have used them, and can say that they are useful in getting a more faithful transfer of files between Windows systems.