Re: SSH File Transfer Protocol - draft-moonesamy-secsh-filexfer-00

On 2013/07/13 9:34, Mark D. Baushke wrote:
[...]

This one lives here:

   http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-galb-filexfer-extensions-00

last updated 2005-10-05.

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-extensions-00.txt
is more up-to-date (if only slightly) and includes several additional
extensions. (Published: January 18, 2006)

[...]

What are the differences between draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-13 and
draft-moonesamy-secsh-filexfer-00 ?

Well, packet 20 is not listed in the draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-13, but
is named SSH_FXP_SYMLINK in moonesamy.

The problem here is that OpenSSH implemented packet 20 backwards from
the spec (swapped target and source file).  Others implement the spec
correctly.  And because of backwards compatibility, no one wanted to
change.

So I dropped packet 20 as basically unimplementable and introduced
SSH_FXP_LINK to replace it (and also supported hard links at the
same time).

Also moonesamy does not define packets 21 (SSH_FXP_LINK, 22
(SSH_FXP_BLOCK), 23 (SSH_FXP_UNBLOCK).

So, did anyone ever implement packet types 21, 22, and 23?
If so, what SFTP version did you call it and what do they do?

Yes; we've implemented all three in our products.

Thanks,

Joseph