Re: TLS considering an rc4-die-die-die draft

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014, Stephen Farrell wrote:

> FYI. The TLS working group are thinking of adopting an
> rc4-die-die-die draft, that is to deprecate TLS ciphersuites
> that use RC4. Thread starts at [1], if you care about RC4
> please comment on that list, not here.
>
> Someone however asked if SSH's used of RC4 ought also be
> deprecated at the same time, or not. Which could be done in
> the same document as the TLS one, or not.

OpenSSH will turn RC4 off soon - we're just trying to figure out how
to do it gently enough that working configurations don't suddenly break
yet firmly enough that people actually move to a better cipher.

We'll be recommending chacha20-poly1305%openssh.com@localhost as a replacment
where both ends upport it.

https://anongit.mindrot.org/openssh.git/tree/PROTOCOL.chacha20poly1305

-d