Re: An additional-auth mechanism for SSH to protect against scanning/probing attacks

>>    *  In order to encourage adoption by implementers of embedde
>> re minimal effort to retrofit to existing SSH
>>       implementations, both because embedded systems using SSH are
>>       frequent targets and because these systems often only have minimal

> <tp>At that point I see

>   In order to encourage adoption by implementers of embedded SSH, it
>       should require minimal effort to retrofit to existing SSH
>       implementations, both because embedded systems using SSH are
>       frequent targets and because these systems often only have minimal
>       effort applied to keep current with new mechanisms.

Fascinating.  It appears it's just me, then; I'll take this up with
Peter Gutmann off-list and see if I can figure out what's going wrong,
since it appears to be specific to me somehow.

> which makes sense to me whereas our quotation is grammatical nonsense.

Oh, grammaticality is the least of my concerns.  The peculiar line
breaks make me think a chunk of data is being outright lost somehow,
which is consistent with your quote.  The puzzle is, what is causing it
and why does it seem to happen only for mail from Peter Gutmann?

But that's for me (and/or Peter Gutmann) to figure out.  I'll keep it
off the list henceforth, since it doesn't seem to have anything to do
with ssh beyond here being where I first encountered it.

Thank you for the help!

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse