Re: [Ssh] Re: draft charter

On Thu, Aug 15, 2024, 07:15 Mouse <mouse%rodents-montreal.org@localhost> wrote:

> I think it would be beneficial with a single documented and
> recommended way to plug in new AEAD-style algorithms in SSH, since
> those weren't a thing when the original protocol was designed.  In
> particular, [...]

I don't have the time right now to give this the thought it needs (in
particular, I'm not sure whether I agree about MACs).  This strikes me
as something worth discussing - perhaps discussing how to handle new
algorithm classes, such as AEAD, should be within the charter?

Sounds like an excellent idea to me.

As for Simon's document, and others like it, I think those are clearly within the scope of the charter as written:

> while defining how SSH uses cryptographic algorithms is in scope, defining the algorithms themselves is out of scope.

... so the new group should be free to adopt that document if desired.