Re: importing wip/icewm3

steve%prd.co.uk@localhost (Steve Blinkhorn) writes:

> Not an objection, but a precautionary question from a long-term user of
> icewm on numerous machines.  Are there any known inconsistencies or
> backward incompatibilities?

AFAIK, that has not come up in the discussion.

It would take a lot for us to decide to maintain old versions because of
this, as that's basically saying that upstream is wrong and we're
overriding their judgement.

I would suggest you read upstream NEWS, which should tell you what you
need to know.  And if there isn't NEWS, file an upstream bug :-) But
seriously, pkgsrc tends not to get in the middle of mild issues of this
sort, and there's no reason to think it's bad.