Re: importing wip/icewm3

> steve%prd.co.uk@localhost (Steve Blinkhorn) writes:
>
> > Not an objection, but a precautionary question from a long-term user of
> > icewm on numerous machines.  Are there any known inconsistencies or
> > backward incompatibilities?

As far as I'm aware this is the official continuation of the icewm
project, so unless they decided to do something really weird I think
that it'll be just about the same. If there are any known issues I'm
sure that other icewm lovers would have voiced concerns in their
GitHub issues, mailing list, or whatever they use nowadays.

> AFAIK, that has not come up in the discussion.
>
> It would take a lot for us to decide to maintain old versions because of
> this, as that's basically saying that upstream is wrong and we're
> overriding their judgement.
>
> I would suggest you read upstream NEWS, which should tell you what you
> need to know.  And if there isn't NEWS, file an upstream bug :-) But
> seriously, pkgsrc tends not to get in the middle of mild issues of this
> sort, and there's no reason to think it's bad.

I feel as though icewm has a sort of "cult-following" so I'd imagine
if there were any issues the communnity would, at least, start
screaming.