Re: Resources for getting started.

At Fri, 14 Jun 2024 17:04:22 +1200, Mark Davies <mark%ecs.vuw.ac.nz@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: Resources for getting started.

> But ignore the
> "-Wno-implicit-function-declaration", I
> had to add that to deal with gcc14 in the
> latest Arch.

This is a case where I think, if I'm not mistaken, the better option is
to set FORCE_C_STD= (and maybe also FORCE_CXX_STD=) to whatever
standard(s) the package's code is actually currently written to conform
to.

Doing so should adjust any and all compilers to allow constructs that
their default settings may not allow.

# FORCE_C_STD
#
#       Overrides the compiler's default C dialect to ensure that a
#       specific language variant is used.  This is useful if a package
#       uses features from a later or earlier C standard but doesn't set
#       -std=cXX, since the default dialect choice of different compiler
#       versions is not consistent.  It is also useful if a package
#       wants to use GNU language extensions without setting -std=gnuXX.
#
#       Valid values are: c90, c99, c11, gnu90, gnu99, gnu11

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>