Re: des-cbc cipher

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 10:14:03AM -0500, RJ Atkinson wrote:
> At 03:43 29/11/01, Markus Friedl wrote:
> >However, if you need to have DES-CBC, write a document,
> >use "des-cbc%inet.org@localhost" and everything will be fine.
>
>         Regrettably, that doesn't help at all -- because it doesn't document
> how to implement such that one can interoperate with the installed base
> of DES-CBC implementations of SSHv2.

Is it the name of the protocol that's the issue 'des-cbc' vs
'des-cbc@somthing',  or that you want this in the base docs?

I'd have thougth an Informational RFC (wg owned or not - I'm not bothered)
would have been sufficient.

> There are multiple such implementations and an installed base of users.

Hmm - Is one of them by any chance Cisco routers when using a 'export'
version of crypto code?  i.e. DES instead of 3DES.

DF