Re: SFTP File open modes

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 09:38:07AM -0500, Richard Whalen wrote:
> A big problem with port forwarding is that you have to set up a forwarding
> for each system that you want to talk to. Yes, they could probably be set up
> dynamically, but then you have to educate the users how to do that.  Most
> users do ok at exchanging files, but if you ask them to set up forwarding,
> you are getting too technical for them.  Don't think of what's easy for you
> to do - think of what would be easy for the least technical member of your
> family to do.
I suggest that you try out the OpenSSH implementation of the SSH
protocols.  We support dynamic port forwarding.  A user just
configures their application to use a SOCKS proxy and the rest works
automatically.  It is very easy to set up for the users as many
applications know about SOCKS.

Regards,
  Niels Provos.