Re: draft-ietf-secsh-break-01.txt

Brian Pence wrote:
What was the reason for abandoning this ietf draft? I've had a couple of customer's request this functionality, but as it was never formalized as a standard, I'm not so sure it's a good idea to implement. It's not even a working draft any more. What gives? What's the plans for this?

Basically, if I remember correctly, we are waiting for the
the 'core-drafts' hairball to get to RFC status-- I'm not sure
what the status of this is?????

Once that happens all the other drafts that reference the
core drafts can move forward.

I suppose we just need to freshen the draft to keep it alive
while this process drags on.

As far as being formalized as a standard, it is currently
as formal as any other SSH2 standard-- so if your implementing
any SSH2, don't hold back :-)

- Joseph