Re: New core drafts - was: Re: nit in draft-ietf-secsh-connect-25.txt

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 12:07, Chris Lonvick wrote:
> Current in Section 9.5.2  Proxy Forwarding
>     The SSH connection protocol allows for proxy forwarding of other
>     protocols such as SNMP, POP3, and HTTP.  This may be a concern for
>     network administrators who wish to control the access of certain

Actually, I would suggest changing "SNMP" to "SMTP".

SNMP makes no sense there since we don't have a UDP forwarding
capability in the specs at present.

Dunno about anyone else but I started doing SMTP-over-SSH forwarding on
a routine basis from my laptop years ago.

						- Bill