Re: [Ssh] draft charter

Hi,

Thus wrote Stephen Farrell (stephen.farrell%cs.tcd.ie@localhost):

> I don't think the IETF should have any position on what
> happens in future with ietf-ssh%netbsd.org@localhost, as people on
> that list should determine that, but...
>
> On 14/08/2024 12:00, tom petch wrote:
> > Could the IETF get a copy of the archives?
>
> If the IETF can help out by importing an archive then
> that seems sensible, given a previous incarnation of the
> WG used that list. I know it's been done before a few
> times, but think it's been a while. I'll reach out to a
> few people who may have done it before and will get back.
> (That may take more than a week or two.)
>
> If anyone knows of a usable archive, please do ping me and/or
> Job with details. (I have mail to that list since 2013 myself
> but that doesn't go back far enough and who knows what else
> is present/missing in my SSH mail folder;-)

There are archives at ietf.org, the list fed there from 2008
until something was changed at ietf.org and the archive submission
address stopped working in 2017.
See https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/secsh/

So I don't think there are issues with sharing an archive with IETF.

Furthermore, I have access to raw archive starting:
	Subject: This list has moved.
	From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld%east.sun.com@localhost>
	To: ietf-ssh%clinet.fi@localhost, ietf-ssh%netbsd.org@localhost
	Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 18:23:11 -0500

	As a few of you have remarked, ietf-ssh%clinet.fi@localhost hasn't been working
	well lately.

raw archive means "before despamming" and it has a lot of spam.

I meant to set up an accessible archive at mail-index.NetBSD.org and
I may get to do that next week.

regards,
	spz