Re: WIP packages feedback: enlightenment and friends

On Sun, 9 Jun 2024 at 20:36, <matthewd%fastmail.us@localhost> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> A few weeks ago I updated wip/efl and wip/enlightenment-current to the latest available. I've built both on NetBSD and Linux, and am currently running it on older laptop with NetBSD 10.
>
> I also imported wip/enlightenment-desktop, which pulls in the above two packages, but also adds a few other "enlightenment related packages" that could be considered part of a "desktop":
> wip/ecrire            # text editor
> wip/ephoto         # image viewer
> wip/rage             # video player
> wip/terminology # terminal
>
> Two other packages need a bit more work
> wip/evisum      # process viewer, requires OS specific code.
> wip/extra          # theme manager - To Be Added to pkgsrc, doesn't do anything yet for me.
>
> If folks are interested / able, I'd appreciate feedback on any / all of the above.  I believe wip/efl and wip/enlightenment-current could eventually replace x11/enlightenment and many of the other enlightenment-related libraries scattered around pkgsrc (evas/eet/efreet,edje,eet, and others).

Had a quick play.

I'm liking the UX in ephoto :), but when I went to exit the window
froze and stdout just showed a stream of "EINA ERROR: 'Invalid
argument' on spin_lock 0x779b2d36b984" - this is on NetBSD-10 amd64.

terminology seems nice too, and it can use -misc-fixed which is an
absolute requirement for me :)

rage doesn't seem to play mp4 files for me

thanks for the work so far!

David