Re: msgpack-git upgrade question

On Mon, Sep 23, 2024 at 03:26:39PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> It seems to me that the c++ version also includes the c version, so in
> this case I'd probably just provide a combined package for both (which
> is what I think wip/msgpack-git does now?).

wip/msgpack-git does this:

GITHUB_RELEASE=        cpp-${PKGVERSION_NOREV}

as against devel/msgpack which does this:

GITHUB_RELEASE= c-${PKGVERSION_NOREV}

I have asked this question to upstream. Will update back when I hear from
them.

I read that the c++ implementation is header-only. So I think a combined
release should be possible. That's the reason I wanted to check with them.

--
Mayuresh