Re: msgpack-git upgrade question

On Mon, Sep 23, 2024 at 07:41:38PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 23, 2024 at 07:12:59PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> > wip/msgpack-git does this:
> >
> > GITHUB_RELEASE=        cpp-${PKGVERSION_NOREV}
> >
> > as against devel/msgpack which does this:
> >
> > GITHUB_RELEASE= c-${PKGVERSION_NOREV}
> >
> > I have asked this question to upstream. Will update back when I hear from
> > them.
>
> It was decided in the following discussion:
>
> https://github.com/msgpack/msgpack-c/issues/979#issuecomment-917735636
>
> So, what you said is right. No matter the tag (c or cpp), as packagers we
> should see it as just a release.

Sorry, notwithstanding above thread, if I check the tarballs, say the
following two, I find the make files to be completely different each
having only the respective (C or C++) targets.

https://github.com/msgpack/msgpack-c/archive/refs/tags/cpp-6.1.1.tar.gz
https://github.com/msgpack/msgpack-c/archive/refs/tags/c-6.1.0.tar.gz

I tried building the cpp version and it results in only headers and no
library (this conforms with the project home page that says c++ version is
header-only).

Wonder if the previous suggestion of creating c-msgpack and cpp-msgpack
should be considered. Code base might be a superset, but make files are
different depending on the tag.

--
Mayuresh