Re: draft-harris-ssh-arcfour-fixes-02.txt: should this be a secsh draft

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 18:29, Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Ben> Last time this was mentioned (in March, ISTR), there was no
>     Ben> comment on Bill Sommerfeld's suggestion that it be sent to
>     Ben> the IESG as an individual submission.  I don't know about
>     Ben> anyone else, but I couldn't see any great advantage to
>     Ben> turning it into a WG document, so I submitted it
>     Ben> individually.
>
> I think handling it as an individual submission is fine, but the
> working group effectively gets right of first refusal.

I asked this question of the working group about a month ago and got an
apathetic response.

I don't see any requirement for the WG to take ownership.

as WG chair I don't see any problem with this going forward as an
individual submission.

						- Bill